What's the third letter of the word 'soprillo'?

12th March 2010
jay says:
need price of instrument in u.s dollars
for the US - ask them:
www.internationalwoodwind.com
8th March 2010
Edson Tadeu Ortolan says:
Hi! My name is Edson Tadeu Ortolan. Brazilian composer. I'm interested to create contemporary classical solo pieces for the SOPRILLO. Atonalism, experimentalism and improvisation. I want to know more about this instrument.
Edson, thanks for your interest - I'll be in touch with you soon about this.
19th February 2010
Gillian Greig says:
I have been listening to the Soprillo CD.... it has a lovely round sound compared to the Piccolo & several people remarked on it.

Gillian
www.gilliangreigmusic.co.uk
14th December 2009
jeff says:
I'd love to play one but I LIKE TO acctually toy around with an instrument before I buy is there any were near Moore, oklahoma that I can toy with one
Try
sax.co.uk, IW or usahorn
27th November 2009
Ben Marshall says:
Hi Nigel, I absolutely love your work on the Soprillo!
I have a question that may sound ridiculous... But..
What are harmonics/overtones like on the soprillo? Possible?
Also, have you ever attempted some altissimo on the instrument? Is that possible? hahah

Anyway, thanks for the great playing!!
Ben
Due to physical limitations of its extreme tessitura, especially the reed's own frequency, higher harmonics are very hard to play on Soprillo if not practically impossible. I am able to get a top F on a good reed day.
25th November 2009
Jack Jennings, USA says:
Nigel, I've got to hand it to you for gaining such mastery over this little beastie! I visited Herr Eppelsheim on October of 2008 and tried a Soprillo. I did well in the lowere register, the the top end was impossible for me!!
25th November 2009
jeff says:
It has taken me forever to get good tone on a soprano how long have you hed that and how do you get such great tone
I've been playing the soprano for 20 years and the soprillo for about 5 years. To your question - practise (and perseverance).
13th November 2009
Patrick ALEXANDRE says:
Hello,
I've been playing the saxophone for many years (soprano, alto and bari) and I'm currently learning how to direct an orchestra. Could you please give me the address of a website where I could purchase the complete scores for Eclogue (all parts + conductor's part) ? I'd like play it with my band (with a soprano as solo instrument (cannot afford yet a soprillo or even play it!!)) thanks for your help.

Patrick ALEXANDRE (France).

PS : I find your music so great and so delicate. Give us more !!!
Hi Patrick,
Thanks for your comments.
Eclogue is now available in several versions: soprillo or soprano and sax sextet, soprillo or soprano & piano. They are published in E-Edition at www.saxtetpublications.com
The solo sax part is the same in both versions and you can opt to purchase the scores and parts separately. I hope you get a soprillo to play it on one day!
28th October 2009
Zach Lannes says:
How many years of practice and what preparations would you reccomend for playing soprillo, I have been playing bari, tenor, and alto for a while and llater in my life i may approach the high range saxes
If you struggle to control the soprano then I'd hold fire on the Soprillo for a while.
28th October 2009
Jon-A says:
Hi Nigel - I notice cosmetic changes to soprillos newer than mine (serial #92) and am wondering if they've done any technical tweaking. Also, please comment on any modifications you have made. Building up that B flat key, for example - very useful. Thanks.
Bis key and an additional key linkage (opening the low D# key at rest, to improve 2nd octave E to F#) are standard now. All the rest is more a design change than a technical one. I recommend you ask Benedikt directly for development enquiries.