What's the third letter of the word 'soprillo'?

22nd December 2013
sam says:
dear Nigel I love your work and wish I could afford to buy a soprillo but can't. So an alto will have to do for now. Please upload more videos to YouTube I'm running out of videos quick.
22nd July 2013
Isaak says:
Hi Nigel,
I came across you and the amazing soprillo sax about two years ago. I was looking on your home page and you said that you often used some type of paper to help with fatigue you got while playing. Just a thought, i used to use denture pads that were made by the brand EZO. they are no longer available, but i found a simple recipe on the web that is just flannel material and your basic canning or paraffin wax. the denture strips would come in an horse shoe or "U" shape and I would cut them into fourths. After having one in my mouth for a minute or two I could mold them onto my lower teeth quite easily and they provided excellent cushioning without any worry of stuff getting stuck in the reed or mouthpiece. If you made your own you could cut them in any shape you wanted before you gave them the wax dip, and once you got down the desired patteren it would only take a few minutes to make dozens of them. Just something I though might be worth a try. If you, or anyone else tries these and likes them, or wants more information please feel free to write me at nobody.nowhere.knowhow@gmail.com
Thanks for this Isaak as I'm sure this maybe useful to other soprilloists. I'll give this a try too and will include my findings here at some point.
18th May 2013
Shawn & Richard says:
I love the Soprillo hover over navigation method!
18th May 2013
Jamie Talbot says:
Hi Nigel- I've just picked up a soprillo from Sax.UK in Crowborough.
Early days yet but I'm enjoying the challenge and love the instrument.
Mihgt be in touch soon for some advice if you don't mind>
all the best.
Jamie
4th January 2013
Jon-A says:
Any idea how many Soprillos there are now?
120
4th January 2013
rogerallenward says:
Just got my copy of Soprillogy a few days ago and have been listening to it constantly. Nigel's playing is gorgeous, the program is wonderful--with some really touching and beautiful pieces of music--and the sound of the soprillo is enchanting. All in all, this is going to be on my favorites list for years to come.
4th January 2013
Alejandro Arturi says:
Hi Nigel, I am a sopranino player and I have recently bought the work "Man Mou", I must do you 2 question: in the section K that says "jazzy funk tempo" should I play the quavers straight (as they are written) or like swing triplets?, another question, in the bar before P you wrote "subtone" above the group of 5 notes, is this applicable only to that group of 5 notes?, is it really important to do the subtone effect? (I am not familiar with playing subtone). I hope you could answer me soon! Thanks!
Section K are straight quavers, as it is funk rather than jazz.

The subtone at P is just for those 5 notes, so the notes emerge into the mf at P, if you can make them emerge not using subtone then go ahead!
31st May 2012
Zac says:
Where can i find a soprillo
Click on the banner advert
19th April 2012
SCHOM laurent says:
Ce fameux soprillo fait depuis peu partie de mes saxophones, c'est un instrument très expressif, avec lequel on peut faire passer un maximum de sensations et de musicalité aussi bien en classique qu'en jazz où il excelle en vélocité.
(I hope this is an acceptable translation)
The Soprillo is a new member of my saxophone family. It is a very expressive instrument, capable of evoking many sensations and musicality in both classical and jazz styles. Regarding the latter style, this instrument excels in musical velocity.
12th April 2012
Tatjana says:
Hi Nigel, is it possible to get the sheet music of "Soprillogy" anywhere? And is it also possible to play it on the soprano? I love that piece but at the moment, it's not possible to buy a Soprillo for me...
Quite a few pieces from Soprillogy are now published by Saxtet Publications. http://www.saxtetpublications.com/catalogue/viewcat.php?id=17

The works on the above link are intended specifically for the soprillo, although you can play these on soprano sax (or any Bb sax). Some editions have an Eb part too.